O Lord, Take hold of buckler and shield And rise up for my help. Psalm 35:2 Idealize with bold imagery to emphasize the Divine completeness of protecting power.
Alexander Maclaren, 1826-1910, British Baptist expository preacher

O Lord, Draw out the spear and close ranks to meet my pursuers. Psalm 35:3a Let the Christian pray that he may be spared the encounter.
 Charles Haddon Spurgeon, 1834-1892, British Reformed Baptist, highly influential amongst Christians of different denominations

(O Lord) .say to my soul, I am your salvation. Ps35:3b David knew where to obtain full assurance. He went to his God in prayer and ask for it.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon, 1834-92, British Reformed Baptist

May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame; may those who plot my ruin be turned back in dismay. Psalm 35:4 Some men are troubled, though no man pursues them, because God smites them with a spirit of amazement, and distracts them with such fears that they tremble and are troubled.
 John Calvin
My whole being will exclaim, "Who is like you, O Lord? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them.” Psalm 35:10 Faith turns to trust as the amazing creativity of God is recorded within the heart.

I usually enjoy the verses and quotes that Jan puts together.  With the news getting more troubling every day...I remember that God is in heaven, He is on the throne (sovereignly ruling)...and He is mighty to save.

Psalm 5 11-12

11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.

12 For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.