Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Bible Verse & Quote

Bible and Quote Sept 28 - Oct. 2 (09)

(Pursued by his enemies, David wrote) I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. Psalm 3:5
Sometimes God calms the storm, sometimes He calms the sailor. Anon

I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around. Psalm 3:6
If fear is cultivated it will become stronger, if faith is cultivated it will achieve mastery. John Paul Jones, 1747-92, US naval officer

Arise, O Lord! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; shatter the teeth of the wicked. Psalm 3:7
Wishful thinking, confident hope in humanity and valiant determination will not overcome overwhelming odds. Only by calling upon God can the devastating foe be rendered powerless.

Salvation (deliverance) belongs to the Lord. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah. Psalm 3:8
.kept by his power, and encompassed about with his favour, His veracity and His faithfulness in his promises, and His truth, are a shield and buckler (any means of defense, protection). John Gill, Commentary writer

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! Psalm 4:1a
The righteousness God demands is the righteousness God provides. Sam Polson, West Park’s Senior Pastor, Knoxville, Tennessee



Author's Bio:
Birth: 1948, Biloxi, Mississippi Live: Knoxville, Tennessee Hobbies: gardening, Bible study Married, two daughters, two son-in-laws, 1 mother, 1 dog
Copyright:
'Bible verse and quote' Copyright 2009 © Jan Couns. 'Bible verse and quote' articles may be reproduced in whole under the following provisions: 1) A proper credit must be given to the author at the end of each story, along with a link to http://www.liveasif.org/  2) 'Bible verse and quote' content may not be arranged or "mirrored" as a competitive online service.

No comments:

Post a Comment