Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Importunate Prayer

(importunate: troublesomely urgent: overly persistent in request or demand)

Abraham ~ Ge 18:32
Then he said, "Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there? And He said, "I will not destroy it on account of ten.

"Jacob ~ Ge 32:26
Then he said, "Let me go, for the dawn is breaking." But he said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me.

"Moses ~ De 9:18
"And I fell down before the Lord, as at the first, forty days and forty nights; I neither ate bread nor drank water, because of your sin which you committed in doing what was evil in the sight of the Lord to provoke Him to anger."

The Canaanite Woman ~ Mt 15:17
But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their master's table."

Jesus ~ Lu 22:44
And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

The Early Church ~ Ac 12:5
So Peter was kept in the prison, but prayer for him was being made fervently by the church to God.

Elijah ~ Ja 5:17
Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain; and it did not rain on the earth for 3 years and 6 months.


Lord, I pray that by and in Your Spirit we will be strengthened to continue to pray....earnestly, stedfastly for all men, but especially for the church...it is so easy to just "coast along" and observe the times...give us true hearts that seek Your face,hearts that hunger and thirst for righteousness,hearts that are devoted to Your will being done in our lives and on the earth.Strengthen us in our inner man Lord, by Your Spirit,to pray as we ought to pray,privately and with other believers.

(I live in the spirit of prayer; I pray as I walk, when I lie down and when I rise, and the answers are always coming. George Mueller)

No comments:

Post a Comment